Keeping Your Data Safe
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) protects your personal data while enabling organisations to use your data reasonably in serving you. We, as a nationally-funded research institution, respect and keep your data safe by:
- A.Limiting access to only researchers and healthcare personnel who are involved in the research, and the supporting internal processes,
- B.Conducting regular audits to ensure only authorised persons have accessed your data, and
- C.Removing details that identify you when using your data for internal purposes as far as possible.
Research at GERI
When you participate in research conducted by GERI and her collaborators, relevant data might be shared with GERI’s collaborators. However, this would be done through the utilization of password-protected files and/or encrypted hard drives.
As nationally-funded research institution, we share relevant data and participate in national and multi-agency efforts to:
- A.Review healthcare policies and requirements,
- B.Review programmes that ensure patient safety and improve the quality of healthcare services,
- C.Conduct and translate research to address the challenges of the ageing population, and
- D.Train current and future generations of healthcare and research professionals.
Please be assured that if your personal data is collected, used or disclosed for these purposes, we will protect it as required under the PDPA and other relevant legislation such as the Human Biomedical Research Act.
Please refer to NHG’s Personal Data Protection Policy for further information on our data protection commitment.
If you have any concern, query or complaint about our personal data protection policies and practices, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
Geriatric Education and Research Institute
Level 4, Tower E
2 Yishun Central 2
We will try to respond to your question or request promptly. We may however, depending on the nature of the question or request, need more time to respond to you.